Riding Solo... Because I Am A Superhero

Found on social media:


I found it funny, but since it's Valentine's Day, it somehow got me thinking. Why? Because I will be riding solo (again).

Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with riding alone. And I don't resent it at all . It's just that riding by my lonesome has become quite frequent, that at one point, I began to ask, 'Pati ba naman sa pagpadyak, wala pa rin makasama?' Add to that the fact that yes, it is Valentine's Day.

Oh, I've had my fair share of love life in the past. Why it never caught up to the present is what I don't understand. But before all sorts of worst-case-scenario pop into my mind, I found the meme above. And not to sound like I am sour-graping, or that I am trying to justify my Han status (Han... Solo... get it?) let me just say this: that the Lord reminded me of 2 Corinthians 3:18: "Our destiny is to be transformed from one glory to another."

Wow! I am made for greatness! And being single (or riding solo, for that matter) is not going to define how great the Lord intends me to be. I can totally relate to Spiderman, Superman, Batman, and all the other superheroes out there. Because, yes, I am a superhero myself. But it can also be that I am destined to meet my superhero who is still busy out there saving the world. (No, I am veering away from my greatness! Let's go back to my original point...)

Ok, riding solo is just that--riding solo. It doesn't mean anything. In same breath, my state of life doesn't mean anything. That's just the way things are. Some people get married, some people don't. What I give a hoot about is to look forward to the greatness I am destined to attain.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSINGS OF A SOMETHING, SOMETHING

Facing vs. Choosing My Fears

REMEMBERING AUGUST 22