My Love Letter to God

During our chapter prayer meeting last week, our speaker talked about Jesus being the ultimate expression of love, about God being love to the core. After the talk, she asked us to write a love letter to Jesus.

At first, I didn't feel like writing anything. I mean, what was I supposed to say? I didn't want my letter to sound too poetic. But after a moment of silence, my pen touched paper, I got carried away and came up with this:


Hi there! Looks like it's You and me again this Valentine's Day. Not that I'm complaining. Okay lang naman sa akin. Actually, more than okay. You know how much of a non-conformist I am. When the rest of the world is worrying about what to wear or where to dine with their special someones, I stay home and do pretty much anything that I feel like doing. But this year, maybe we could something extraordinary. We--as in You and me.

Maybe You could take me to a nice place where we could be alone. You know, just You and me talking. What would we talk about? Well, my future, for one. Maybe this time, You could reveal Your plans for me. Although I think I've caught glimpses of it already, it would really be neat if You could show me a bigger picture at least.

What else? Ah, maybe You could reveal Yourself to me more. Or better yet, unfold more areas of my life which You think need more "overhauling". I'd really like that, You know. Or maybe we could just sit quietly together (we don't really need to say anything to each other) and take in the beauty around us. (Where are You taking me, anyway?)

I just want to feel You there, to feel Your loving gaze, to allow myself to be embraced by Your love. Yes, let's do that! Because there isn't anything more important to me right now than the knowledge of You falling in love with me every single waking moment of my life. (--alma, 020409)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MUSINGS OF A SOMETHING, SOMETHING

Facing vs. Choosing My Fears

Why I Won't Forget September 26, 2009