Winds of Change

2007 was a year of change for me. New perspectives, new habits, new lessons learned, new apartment, new friends...

I don't know why I suddenly had this urge to look back at the year that was. I'm not dying, am I? Well, at least not yet. I just have this "something" inside me that moves me this very minute, that suddenly made my life flash before me and prompted me to count my blessings and struggles and opportunities that came my way.

Good grief! I must be getting old! Well, I'd like to think that I'm maturing more and more as my chronological age advances. But then again, I believe that being in the company of more mature women (and men) is the true reason.

Before the year ended, I crossed-over to another ministry. I left the singles ministry I've grown to love and took a leap of faith to the next level. No, I am not yet in the couples ministry. I am now in what I'd like to call my "transition ministry" of the Handmaids of the Lord.

When I haven't taken that big step yet, I have always dreaded taking it, for fear that I would sink or get trapped and wouldn't be able to come up for air. I was afraid of the stigma attached to women like me who are not married and are crossing over to HOLD. It was like a dead end, a black hole that threatens to suck you up and hold you there for the rest of your life.

But now, after almost a year of being in the ministry, I find that all my fears were never valid. I now enjoy rubbing elbows with gracious ladies who teach me new things each time I am with them. I enjoy picking the brains of these bright and talented women who have so much experience to share with us younger ones. I enjoy listening to their rich stories about life and love. Most of all, I am in awe of how these women are growing in faith, that I couldn't help but wish for what they have.

Now I understand more fully what Proverbs 31 says about the ideal woman (wife). These ladies around me are living proof of that. And I believe that being surrounded by all these godly women is God's way of preparing me. And since my mom passed away 25 years ago, He has placed before me "mothers" and "wives"--women--who are true role models for me.

This year, I am ready for the winds of change to continue to carry me through life. And you know what? I'm excited! I'm giddy as a teenage girl, as I am soooooo looking forward to God's surprises for me this year.

Comments

  1. love yah, momoy! we are all "teenagers" at HOLD, but more mature, and more appreciative now of God's blessings. Blessings that keep us going joyfully in life, inspite our age and circumstances! mwahhh!

    ate Mina....hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:48 PM

    Those were great inspired thoughts..i suppose I am part of the "mature" women surrounding you. I am just glad God uses us in the way you have described it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MUSINGS OF A SOMETHING, SOMETHING

Facing vs. Choosing My Fears

Why I Won't Forget September 26, 2009