WISH LIST

"Pay no attention to how tall or handsome he is... because I do not judge as people judge.  They look at the outward appearance, but I look at the heart..."  --1 Samuel 16:7

TDH - tall, dark & handsome
3 Ms - matandang mayaman, malapit nang mamatay
3 Cs - condo, car, cash

Through the years, it seems that the criteria of what women look for a man change with the times.  But then, is there really such a man who would possess all the best characteristics ideal for a mate?  I myself have come up with a list of non-negotiable traits that I would want in a potential GG (God's gift).  I must have written down 2 dozen attributes!  And why not?  I am God's daughter and I deserve only the best, don't I?

However, I came to realize that God isn't going to take my list, study it carefully, and create a new person from scratch just so He could give me His best.  And so through prayers, Scripture guidance and discernment, i have narrowed down my non-negotiable wish list to half a dozen, and understandably, TDH, 3 Ms and 3 Cs are not in it.

I still have to wait for that person, though.  Sometimes I ask what's taking God so long.  But it may be too long for me, and just right for God.  So I'll wait some more, in faith that in God's perfect time, he will come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSINGS OF A SOMETHING, SOMETHING

Facing vs. Choosing My Fears

Why I Won't Forget September 26, 2009