Loving Is Hard. Hating Is Easy.

When I saw these 6 words, it felt like I hit my face hard on the floor. Yup, as in falling face down, without having anything to break the fall. Strange, though, because no matter how hard I try and just opt for the easy way out, the narrow gate always seems more attractive.


But it's true. It's really very easy to not like than to like, to hate than to love, to be indifferent that to get involved. At least, if things go wrong or you get disappointed, you wouldn't get hurt. So let's just stick to the status quo, shall we?

1 Corinthians 14:1 says "let love be your highest goal". Hopefully, I am on my way to that. But what about romantic feelings? Isn't that a manifestation of love as well?

There's this person that I feel I've always loved. Not in a brotherly way, but in a more special manner. When asked why I was sure he was the one, I said he is, because I believe I could live with this person's quirks. Kaya kong sakyan ang mga topak n'ya. However, the longer the time I spend liking him, the more I feel that it has always been a one way thing. So one day, I prayed to God for Him to take away the romantic feelings. And then I met Elisabeth Elliot. 

I don't remember if it was she or her husband Jim who wrote that God gave me these romantic feelings and seem to make them more intense because God is saying, "I must teach you to long for something else."

It's been 2 years since God revealed to me that message. And those feelings are so intense, I could burst! So I let it. I just poured out my heart to God, hoping He would hear me and give me an answer. And like clockwork, He did.

How? Through this:


To some, this might not seem like an answer. But it is, at least for now. Yes, now, as in the present. I guess that's just how it is with God. He wouldn't allow me to see too far ahead, lest I let go of His hand and sprint forward. He just lets me what's in front of my foot as I take each step. The road to loving may be hard, but at least I have Someone in front of me who will make sure I reach my "highest goal".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSINGS OF A SOMETHING, SOMETHING

Why I Won't Forget September 26, 2009

Facing vs. Choosing My Fears