HAR-DEE-HAR-HAR


The first time I saw this cartoon, I laughed out loud.

Why? Because 1) I was interested in a younger guy at that time, and 2) I imagined myself asking the same "What?" question with the same expression written on my face.

That was four years ago.

Age was such a big deal for me, and an age difference of more than five years made me queasy. No wonder I'm still single! Maybe... or maybe not.

But looking back now, I can almost hear God laughing out loud. (Boy, does He have a weird sense of humor!) Because at this point of my life, the only guys I encounter are younger than I am by five years (or more). Of course there are older guys too, but I would have to wait for them to become widowers first.

Are you getting my point? What I'm trying to drive at is, it turns out that one of my worst queasiness would dangle right in front of my face. Oh, I can almost see God slapping His knee as He doubles up guffawing. Because today, He slams into my face the fact that age shouldn't be something to be afraid of, and that as long as you click with the other person, age differences should never be an issue (actually, I got that last one from my household head, Tita Bernie, who so far, has been God's mouthpiece--or rather megaphone--to me).

Don't get me wrong. I have always been proud to announce how old I am. It's the age difference part that makes me squirm.

So I guess that takes care of Fear #1. Am I a little too late for that? I don't know. But with that out of the way, I guess I'm ready for God to reveal Fear #2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSINGS OF A SOMETHING, SOMETHING

Facing vs. Choosing My Fears

Why I Won't Forget September 26, 2009