AMICI

I enjoyed my lunch yesterday. I totally enjoyed it that I thought of sharing with everyone my lunch experience.

I was in Makati from 9am till 12noon yesterday. So I decided to have lunch at Amici di Don Bosco. It's right behind the church, just across Makati Cinema Square, but you have to go out the church gate and walk on Pasay Road to get there. The moment you enter the doors of Amici, your nose would be assaulted by cacophony of scents coming from the kitchen--mostly Italian!

Instantly, you will be drawn to the pasta corner, where they concoct 28 varieties of pasta--from spaghetti to linguine, to fettuccine, or meccheroni--each cooked as you order. If you march deeper inside Amici, the smell of freshly baked pizza fills the air. And when you look to your left, the different gelatto flavors will definitely make your mouth water. My personaly favorites are the Pasta mOntanara (Spinach fusilli with sausage, bell peppers, red sauce, and a generous portion of mozzarella and parmesan), plus the Four Seasons pizza, capped with a double scoop of gellato (Pistacchio and the one with rum--I forgot what it's called).

If you're not a fan of Italian food, it's still okay. Their turo-turo style counter offers Filipino and American dishes too.

But if you're looking for a quiet place to dine, Amici is not the place for you. The place literally bursts with conversation from the SRO crowd every single day. But for me, the noise is a welcome sign. It only shows that the people who go to Amici are happy diners.

One of these days, give it a try. Then tell me what your personal favorites are.

Comments

  1. Hi! Now why didn't you take me there in the first place so you wont be dining out by your lonesome? c",)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MUSINGS OF A SOMETHING, SOMETHING

Facing vs. Choosing My Fears

Why I Won't Forget September 26, 2009