LABOR PAINS

For two straight weeks, I have been a house guest/ artist’s assistant of Tita Mariles. She’s the art director of our Silver Book project. Every day, we’d wake up, have breakfast at 7:30 with her family, eat again every two hours and work like there’s no tomorrow. No, we’re not trying to kill ourselves… yet. Maybe torture or some sort of self-inflicted pain. But suicide? Definitely out of the question.

Don’t get me wrong. We enjoy the job extremely. I personally love it. It’s like a dream come true. I’m part of a huge project, and I’m helping out the art director do some actual graphic arts! It’s just that there’s so much to do, and there’s so little time. Last thing I heard, we’re gunning it for another week. Hopefully, this is the final week. And then we could all go back to our little routines again.

Tonight’s actually the first time we turned in at exactly 10PM. Also, the case being tomorrow, the world will be celebrating Mother’s Day. And we really need a break (or else I’d drop dead in front of Mac—as in our new Macintosh.

But now that I think about it, when all this is over, I would miss what we’ve been doing the past month. All those exchange of ideas, the meals we shared, the laughter, the crazy stunts we did when things started to get boring, the iced coffee that kept me awake, the cats, the pounds we all gained… These are the things that would be soooo hard to let go of.
We still have a week to hurdle. But the moment we see the actual book sitting on a shelf in National Bookstore, or inside a home of a CFC member, like a new mommy, all the birth pains will go away, and the Silver team can proudly say, “That’s our baby!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSINGS OF A SOMETHING, SOMETHING

Facing vs. Choosing My Fears

Why I Won't Forget September 26, 2009